Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A question about the patterns

We are supposed to provide a Harry Potter inspired pattern, and I have some questions...

Normally, in a swap I would go out of my way to find a pattern I can purchase for my pal, however, many of the best HP inspired patterns are free. And Free patterns usually want you to go to the website and print it yourself...so that leaves me a little stumped...

Does it have to be officially inspired by Harry Potter, or just relate? For example, if we found a pattern for a scarf with a castle on it, could we say the castle was Hogwarts and use that, even if the designer had never heard of the Potterverse?

Can it be a pattern we have written ourselves, even if it is not terribly professional looking, so long as it works? OR should it definately be something we purchased?

I want to do right by my downstream...

Elizabeth Stewart Moody, devoted wife of Mad-Eye, who is alive and well despite any nasty rumours you may have heard to the contrary..

3 comments:

Emma Gorodok said...

I have been asking myself the same thing

Cassie G-P said...

It just has to relate

Penelope of Flitwick said...

Well I think a hand written pattern would be fun! All the ones I have seen that other spoilers have sent were wonderful.I can't remember if they were all related but they were nice any way:)